Monday, July 18, 2011

Nesting.

It never ceases to amaze me what things make me insanely happy.
America's Funniest Home Videos Marathons,
my dog sneezing,
old family photos of relatives I never met,
baked hand crab rolls.....etc, etc.
I have 2 more things that make me joyful.

First, a stackable washer/dryer!!!!
Finally.
I moved into this house because it had a hook-up.
I was scared to commit. I waited over a year.
I have done loads upon loads in the past 2 days since it's move in date.

I could write poetry to this pristine white tower I love it so.


And......CURTAINS!!!!
Again, afraid to commit. I figured window treatments meant I was officially living and staying on the West Coast.
The hardware seemed so permanent. I was upset that every neighbor could see me in a robe yet I fought buying them.

I recently stopped fighting myself.

After living here for two years I have conclusively embraced California with a drill and dirty laundry.
Now, I look at my new drapery and appliances and realize I was being a big chicken. Bok Bok.
Sometimes the things I am most scared of end up fulfilling my life.
I need to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment