Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Friday, April 4, 2014
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Make your own Statement Bib Necklace....DIY cheap copy. NOT as good as the real thing but close. Keepin' it Reals, YO.
|Okay, maybe this many.|
|yup thats me. standing next to the cheese.|
|i love cheese.|
So basically I just took 5 different necklaces, threw em all together and BAM!
The KEY is to make sure each necklace is a bit similar yet different from the next.
Start with one signature main piece.
My base cheerleader was the sparkly one with the rectangular stones hanging down.
Then build around that guy.
Add some more sparkle.
Add some length.
Add some chunky pieces.
Add some texture. (ex. the giant herringbone)
It ain't the real deal but it's 950 bucks cheaper. It's not gunna look quite as expensive but who cares. In instagram pics with a FILTER it will look like Harry fucking Winston.
It's all about perception people.
This is me making a stupid face on my way out the door to a partay. This necklace combo is the one i built in the older post. Mostly Urban Outfitters and some vintage necklaces. But you get it....same idea.
You can see that I added a long dagger necklace from Fox's NY in this one
|And clearly.....not ready for this photo.|
Monday, March 31, 2014
Nowadays I generally use the strip lashes for performance stuff. You can find them at a beauty supply or even CVS/Walgreens etc in all different sizes and styles. Once you get the hang of it they are pretty easy peasy BUT it takes a lot of practice for some people. Tweezers help a lot. And patience. AND LET THE GLUE GET TACKY....noone does this. Easiest trick to foolproof lash wearing.
|These are my go-to lashes. They are HUGE and only for my on-camera work stuff. Or Halloween. Or Vegas. or a night I am feeling like being extra naughty.|
|Individual Lashes. ie:PAIN in the ass|
|Kiss Ever EZ Lashes|
She uses a tweezer to apply the lashes. I start from the outside corners and build inwards. She did not.
|I think I paid 4.99 for these at CVS (they had a promotion to get the second box half off.)|
|SEE......1 trio lash...vs 1 indiv.|
Sake and trios....! Happy Birthday to me!
Monday, March 24, 2014
This was a hellofa good hair day if I do say so myself!
|(Hank the Hunk)|
P.S. its a TERRIFIC PRICE> $10.99 at Target. I am SO into that.
|Here's me holding the bottle to my head cuz I thought it was cute. In retrospect, not so much.|
|Way over retouched this one. Eyes are super wonky. Please ignore.|
|not my photo.|
|Hot tools 1/14 Inch Iron. Blue one is 1 inch, I think.|
|Now the fruits of my LABOR! Effortless looking beachy waves that took a LOT of effort|
(no extensions here).
Wanna buy it???? See Below....and GO FUDGE YOURSELF!!!!!
Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Mousse: $9.69 (Click to by from Target.com)
|Close up of the label for ya.|
|Sea Salt: $10.99 (Click to buy from Target.com)|
|Obvi, another close up.|
Saturday, March 22, 2014
#OOTN #OOTD What I wore last night... As if you care. Black, Denim and Gold was the theme of the evening. I had to wear a hat because my hair was dirty. Lovely, I know. Decided on which filth disguise to wear and built an outfit around it. Dry shampoo would've been a tad easier.
#guiseppezanotti black knee high leather wedge boots- #jbrand black jeggings -
blue denim button down @forever21-
black #LnA tank-
kick ass gold necklace #urbanoutfitters @urbanoutfitters - leather Moto jacket #Joie @joie -
Gold knit beret #Missoni @shopwasteland -
lips @nyxcosmetics Monte Carlo red! 💋
#fashion #stylist #stylista #datenight
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
1. White hi-low t shirt with gold zipper back- Fox's Designer Off Price (ONLY my fav store on the planet), Designer is Vintage Havana. I bought this so many years ago I have no idea what I paid but I guarantee is was 30 or less. A simple white t shirt would suffice. Make sure it is not too tight. Loosey Goosey is sexier and edgier. 2. Black TO DIE FOR Leather Vest. I Pulled it for a Styling Gig and in the end I decided to keep it. From Wasteland in Studio City, second hand- Designer is Golde. I think I paid like 40 bucks.
3. Current Elliott Boyfriend Jeans...OKAY I know these are expensive BUT they were a hand-me-down from my buddy Francesca sooooo....Nuttin' better than a FREE pair of expensive jeans. I wore the outfit with grey jeans last night. I also paired the basics with a skirt in the pics way down below.4. New Leopard Print platform Peep Toe Pumps from Nordstrom Rack by Jessica Simpson. I paid 50 bucks for these and have already gotten my money's worth. DO NOT SLEEP ON JS!!!!! Her shoe collection is DAYAMN Good.
AND>>>>>>the MAIN ATTRACTION! The CROWN JEWELS! Okay, well not really...but close.
This is how Jake feels about fake diamonds.
4. MULTI Strand Silver and rhinestone necklace. This one alone could have done the trick but I wanted a really heavy look. 28 bucks, I think. Urban Outfitters.
3. Urban Outfitters also two tone necklace. MIX the Metals to make the whole thing look more interesting! Can't remember price but it was cheap.
2. Got this sparkly bad boy for my wedding in downtown LA in the accessories part o' town. It was 12 bucks or something. Did not wear to wedding.
1. SMALL single strand VINTAGE Rhinestone necklace. FLEA Market find, 15 Bucks.
AND there you have it. Replicating a look that is ALL over mags for 1,000 dollars PLUS.
I adore big, chunky jewlery. I love to layer it. Play a bit with existing stuff you have in your closet and feel free to tag me in pics @karlitacavalli!
On a side note....Remember to MIX up your feminine and masculine pieces!!!! The leather vest balances the necklaces. The high sexy pumps balance out the boyfriend jeans! This was for after work drinks with a girlfriend!
ANOTHER OPTION WITH THIS BASELINE>>>>>>
|Necklace is from Urban Outfitters 28$$, Cougar Skirt was $24 Buckaroos from Wasteland, secondhand|