Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vintage Tiger Pin! RAWWRR!!!!


This may be my most favorite #fleamarketfind EVER!
Seriously.

I am so in love with my little tiger pin I sleep with him. No, not really. 
But I should.
Vintage Lovers get ready to gush.
My beau actually spotted this striped, little, jungle gem at a vintage showcase that I dragged him to. He has quite a good eye, for a dude.
Tis' a SHOULDER BROACH! 

You pin the Tiger over your shoulder so that it can be seen from the front AND the back. The tail hangs over your shoulder like its a little gecko just basking in the warmth of your sunny skin.  Weird analogy but go with it.


 This is an easy way to sass up a simple dress or tank!  You could even pin him onto a cardigan or a shawl. When people ask me HOW to vintage shop......I try to tell the to look for the interesting pieces that no one else will pick up. There were 3 of THESE cats!!!! Just sitting there. Another tiger and a leopard. The one I chose was in the best condition (most expensive of course). CAN YOU BELIEVE people were just strolling past and had NO idea of the amazingness sitting in the jewelry box before them. I think I paid 40 bucks for him. More than I wanted to spend but it is one of a kind and I couldn't help myself.
When you shop a flea market, a vintage show or an estate sale look for the bizarre. The unexplainable items that other people wouldn't even know what to do with. Take it home and figure out what to do with it! Be creative! Keep your eyes peeled for random cool things that are original, unique pieces that you have never seen before.

This is Zack, my tiger pin.

Here is my belly.

The HEAD, legs and tail all move fluidly, sort of like its a bracelet. I even considered making it into a bracelet but the shoulder broach concept is just so unique I didn't dare.
How gorgeous are his faux emerald eyes and fatty paws!?!

Sexy Tiger pose.

Let me know if you want one! I have the seller's number!
RAWRRRRR!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment